Info sought on sending ascii NULL on output

Dan Haynes haynes at hao.UUCP
Wed Mar 6 04:52:28 AEST 1985

I was trying to download some graphics commands from a Vax 4.2 system
to an inkjet printer over a tty line.  This particular printer requires
a special sequence to put it in graphics mode; one of the characters in
this sequence is an ascii null.  All attempts thus far to get a null
char output have failed.  There does not seem to be any problem outputting
any other control char (in RAW mode).  If anyone can provide me with
a clue to a method to get a null on output, please send me mail.

Thanks in advance,
Dan Haynes
haynes%ncar at csnet-relay.arpa	ARPA
haynes at ncar.csnet		CSNET