Tip for cc or bcc into a file (BSD Mail)

Michael W. Herman mwherman at watcgl.UUCP
Thu Mar 21 01:02:41 AEST 1985

> If you're using Berkeley Mail, and you want your cc to go into
> a file rather than to a user (such as yourself, if all you'll do
> then is save it in a file), put in the file name with a /, e.g.
> 	Cc: mail/joe

I use this quite a bit but have complained about the fact that the pathnames
are left in the outgoing mail msg.  If the recipient of such a msg replies
using mail's *reply* command, they also try to mail to a file of the
same pathname (unless they explicitly remove it from the Cc: line).

Do people think these pathnames should be stripped out of outgoing msgs
or left in?

p.s. I know I could use Bcc but I don't.