shock watches

I.GERSZBERG 59231ig at houxm.UUCP
Fri Mar 22 01:04:02 AEST 1985

<>
We have those "shock watchers" on our disk packs.  We have never seen
one of those things set yet!!!  One time we had a head crash, we took the
(fortunately single) pack which had been destroyed and dropped it
onto the floor from 2-3 feet....and the shock indicator STILL HAD NOT
GONE OFF!!!!! EXPLAIN THAT ONE!  Then we dropped it again from a greater height
and the thing finally showed (just a little though).  I'll
let you draw your own conclusions from this experiment.

Bob Switzer