massive rn speedup code posted to net.sources

Spencer W. Thomas thomas at utah-gr.UUCP
Mon Mar 18 15:17:05 AEST 1985

In article <516 at lsuc.UUCP> dave at lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
>I mentioned in a previous posting that I had implemented buffered
>stdout in rn, and it made a big difference in output at high speed.

I might point out that, unless Larry deliberately programmed around it,
you get buffered stdout "for free" in 4.1bsd and above.

--
=Spencer
	({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas at utah-cs.ARPA)