LOGICAL BLOCKS vs PHYSICAL BLOCKS

aura berquist aura at uwmacc.UUCP
Tue Apr 29 07:34:45 AEST 1986

We are running 2.8 BSD UN*X on an 11/70.  Recently while working
on a new driver it was discovered that the value of nswap, a variable
in conf.c giving the number of blocks in the swap partition, did not
correspond to the value assigned to the nswap in our current version
of un*x.  The currently running un*x had nswap initialized as physical
blocks per swap partition while the conf.c code showed nswap initialized
as logical blocks per partition.

Which definition of nswap is correct?  Physical or logical blocks?
Thanks.
--
	Aura Leigh Berquist ...!uwvax!uwmacc!aura or ...!uwmacc!sal70!aura