Arcane modem configuration (was Re: Modems on Ultrix)

Phil Ngai phil at amdcad.UUCP
Tue Aug 26 10:43:28 AEST 1986

In article <584 at pyramid.UUCP> csg at pyramid.UUCP (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:
>FYI: DEC and AT&T are the only terminal manufacturers I've worked with that
>consistently get their RS232 connections correct (or close to).

Yes, DEC and ATT get their connectors right more often than anyone
else I have seen. However, IBM has gotten much better. Their 3101
terminal is female but the (25 pin) PC serial interfaces, the 7171 and
their new terminals are all male like they should be.

Some bad guys are Wyse, Televideo and (surprise!) HP. They all make
their terminals female.
--
 Rain follows the plow.

 Phil Ngai +1 408 749 5720