Modems on Ultrix, part 1 of 2 (how to do it -- long)

Michael Bruck mike at mipos3.UUCP
Sat Aug 16 17:23:08 AEST 1986

In article <282 at cirl.UUCP> das at cirl.UUCP (Dave Steffens) writes:

>DISCLAIMER: The following was my experience with Ultrix 1.1 and may NOT be
>wholly applicable to Ultrix 1.2 with which I have NO direct experience.
>
>Ultrix as supplied does NOT support modem control on ANY terminal lines.
>In order to enable modem control you **must** do a sysgen.

Not any more.  Ultrix 1.2 is much better than 1.1 in that respect.  I
remember having to rebuild the kernel every time a tty driver needed
to have a bit changed.  It's now a lot simpler since modem information
can now be put in the /etc/ttys file.

	--Michael Bruck
	  Intel CAD, Santa Clara, CA
	  {decwrl,hplabs,amdcad}!intelca!mipos3!mike