Encore, Multimax

Vic Abell abe at pucc-j
Fri Feb 7 06:52:52 AEST 1986

In article <148 at babel.UUCP> ptw at encore.UUCP (P. Tucker Withington) writes:
>>Does anyone know about a machine "multimax" made by Encore in Mass, which
>>runs lots of 32032's?  Supposed to be 1.5 to 15 MIPS, 4.2 or SysV.
>>
>>Does it work?
>>

>Yes. Correct. Yes.  Further information can be obtained by contacting
>our sales dept. at:
>
>		Encore Computer Corp.

Don't overlook the Balance machines made by Sequent.  The Balance 8000
is widely installed and accepted.  It has a true multi-processing UNIX
kernel.  We just ordered a Balance 8000 with 8 processors, to be upgraded
to a Balance 21000 with 12 processors in June.  A maximum of 30, 32032,
10 mhz processors can be attached to the Balance 21000.