old.UNIX.listings

ssp at dutoit.UUCP ssp at dutoit.UUCP
Thu Feb 20 09:04:27 AEST 1986

I'm preparing a PhD thesis for the University of London, under
Prof. Manny Lehman of Imperial College on "The Evolution Of UNIX".

One of the primary objectives of this project is to *model* the
development of UNIX in terms of changes in attributes such as functionality,
size and complexity.

For this I need source listings of *ALL* releases of UNIX in/by the
Bell System/AT&T. At the moment I'm looking for machine readable copies
of :-
	Research Editions 		1 - 5
	USG/UNIX laboratory releases	upto Sys V
	PWB/UNIX releases		upto 2.0
	CB/UNIX releases		upto 2.3
	UNIX/TS				all variations

   basically *ALL* Bell System releases upto the release of Sys V

In addition if you have (or know where I can find) System Release Descriptions
corresponding to the releases above, please let me know.

	Shamim Pirzada		AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill.
				research!ssp	(201) 582 5354