Can't do syslog from csh script under cron?

Bob Weissman rlw at well.UUCP
Wed Feb 12 09:16:26 AEST 1986

I am trying to create a c-shell script which runs under cron
which does a syslog command so that I can keep track of the
results.  The line in crontab looks like this:
	su demon </etc/ModemReset
In ModemReset, there is a line
	syslog -i "$USER" -NOTICE Modem has been reset.

When I type in the su ... line above from the terminal, the syslog
file does indeed get the desired line.  But when cron executes the line,
the syslog entry does NOT get entered, even though everything else in the
script works fine.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what the problem is?
Thanks in advance,
-- Bob Weissman
   G.WEISSMAN at SU-SCORE.ARPA
   !well!rlw