DWB tbl bug!! HELP

Terry Heintz terry at calgary.UUCP
Sat Feb 1 09:44:11 AEST 1986

HELP!!
I have a problem with DWB's tbl.  There must have been someone out there that has come
across the problem and HOPEFULLY someone has a fix.  We do have the source so if you
know what to change, it would be appreciated. The BUG occurs when you define two
tables one right after the other. (Example shown below.)  In the second table
you will see a line missing and in its place there will be an arrow and several dots
( ex.  <......... ).    It seems that you can add,or remove,  characters to the first,
or second, table and have this line change position.  I seem to think the table
does not get reinitialized somewhere.  The tbl that comes with the 4.2BSD source
seems to handle this perfectly but the DWB one does not.

  Example input:
.sp
.TS
c s
l l.
Test the first table to make an error
col 1	col 2
.TE
.sp 2
.TS
center;
c s
l l
l l.
BUYERS CURRENT STATUS(JAN 28, 1986)
.sp3
Customer Type Legend:	Price Legend:
.sp
CM = Commercial	sc = compiler price
ED = Educational	up = upgrade price
CL = Collaborator	t = tax (where applicable)
GJ = Genuine Junk	g = garbage (sometime)
.TE

  Example output:

Test the first table to make an error
col 1   col 2

              BUYERS CURRENT STATUS(JAN 21, 1986)

       Customer Type Legend:   Price Legend:

       CM = Commercial         sc = compiler price
       ED = Educational        up = upgrade price
       CL = Collaborator       t = tax (where applicable)
       GJ = Genuine Junk       g<........................

The DWB package we have is version 1, and it may be fixed already, however
we do not want to buy another version unless the fonts and rastertables
are present for the imagen 8-300  If there are any AT&T DWB people out
there I would sure like to talk to you, or at least post a fix for all of us that
have this problem.  If it has alredy been solved please contact me personally.

	Thankyou very much in advance

	Terry Heintz
	   System programmer
	   University of Calgary