Sys V IPC

Ken Latham latham at bsdpkh.UUCP
Tue Feb 11 09:10:45 AEST 1986

> I have been reading the documentation for the Sys V IPC stuff (msg, shm)
> and it is not exactly crystal-clear (no kidding!).....

... opaque is the word .....

> .......  Could anyone please provide
> me (and the net community) with one or several examples of message-passing
> between cooperating processes?

	You would be better off to obtain a copy of the IPC manual that comes
with SYSVR2.  It contains several examples utilizing EVERY call, and gives very
lucid descriptions of how they are used.   A posting to the net ( usually from
 unqualified sources :-> ) would only tend to make IPC more unclear.

> Thanks in advance.

	Your welcome!

  Concerning those who have a great deal of experience:

		" There are those who have many experiences...
		  and those who have a few experiences many times."
|                             |                                               |
|     Ken Latham              |     uucp: ihnp4!bsdpkh!latham                 |
|     AT&T-IS (via AGS Inc.)  |     uucp: {ihnp4!decvax,peora}!ucf-cs!latham  |
|     Orlando , FL            |     arpa: latham.ucf-cs at csnet-relay           |
|     USA                     |     csnet:latham at ucf                          |
--

  Concerning those who have a great deal of experience:

		" There are those who have many experiences...
		  and those who have one experience many times."
|        Ken Latham           |     uucp: ihnp4!bsdpkh!latham                 |
|        AT&T-IS              |     uucp: {ihnp4!decvax,peora}!ucf-cs!latham  |