Ingres Help ?

nen at prism.UUCP nen at prism.UUCP
Tue Feb 4 04:34:00 AEST 1986

	I would really appreciate any advice, assistance, sample QUEL
code, or INGRES batch files using the following INGRES features:

1) The 'mark' & 'branch' capabilities of the terminal monitor. Specifically,
why the hell does INGRES always return the message "Can't branch on a terminal"
when the branch and mark commands are coming from a file read in from UNIX
(i.e. with "\i batchfile") ?  If "\i" isn't sufficient to temporarily redefine
STDIN as a file, what else has to happen ? The documentation, as always, remains
silent.

2) Syntax for conditional expressions evaluated in a branch statement.

3) Any macro definitions which can be used to verify a string format
(specifically, date format). I've written a series of such definitions and,
if the documentation is at all accurate, they should work. Alas, they do not.

Thank you very much.
Also, would anyone be willing to give their phone number so that I could
call to ask questions?