weird 4.2 stuff

Eric Marshall eric at burdvax.UUCP
Fri Feb 21 00:54:42 AEST 1986

	This weirdness comes to you directly from a Sun 2/50 running
release 2.2, but I've heard of this happening on our Vax 4.2 system also.

	I have an executable program which when run and sent the
stop signal, causes the shell to output:

		Use "exit" to leave csh.

as if I had typed in a ^D to it. The program seems to be in a loop
when it does this, subsequently blowing away the shell. Bummer. What
is the program doing to get csh to respond in this manner?

Thanks in advance.

Eric Marshall
System Development Corporation, a Burroughs Company
P.O. Box 517
Paoli, PA. 19301
(215) 648-7223

USENET: sdcrdcf!burdvax!eric
        {sjuvax,ihnp4,akgua,cadre}psuvax1!burdvax!eric
ARPANET: PAYTON at BBNG