Use of ftp

Marc Rouleau mer at uvacs.UUCP
Sat Feb 22 02:32:09 AEST 1986

I'm trying to reach ucbvax via ftp, and ftp tells me 'host unknown' when
I type 'open uvacs!ncsu!mcnc!philabs!cmcl2!seismo!lll-crg!ucdavis!ucbvax!'.

I can connect to uvacs and uvaee (Unix machines here at UVA) but I can't
connect to uvacs!ncsu.  Am I using the wrong format to specify the remote
host, or are we just not connected via ftp to the rest of the world?

Also, I have yet to be able to send mail to a distant site simply by
(R)eplying from rn.  Why is that?

Thanks--a net.novice

--

Marc Rouleau         uucp: decvax!mcnc!ncsu!uvacs!mer