Previewing troff output

Todd C. Williams [Jedi Knight] yoda at ittatc.ATC.ITT.UUCP
Thu Feb 6 14:12:04 AEST 1986

We have:		VAX-11/780 running 4.1bsd, soon to be ULTRIX-32
			QMS Lasergrafix 2400 (and 1200) laser printers
			"qtroff" software (Talaris)

The problem:
	qtroff calls troff and pipes its output to qpr(Talaris) and qcat.
But when using troff (especially when using macros), it is hard to get
it right the first time.  It is also hard to get it right the n'th time.
Instead of wasting a lot of paper and time, how can we preview troff
(with tbl!) output?  troff -a just doesn't cut it.  nroff doesn't either.
We have a Tektronix 4014, which seems like it should be able to do the job.
Any ideas?

Would ditroff help us, maybe by being able to go to the Tek4014?

						-Todd Williams
|  Todd C. Williams			|  "Summer blonds		       |
|  ITT Defense Communications		|   revealing tan lines,	       |
|  Nutley, NJ				|   I'll make more moves than	       |
|  {decvax, et al.}!ittatc!dcdvaxb!tcw	|   ALLIED VAN LINES!"		       |
|  I love to receive e-mail from anyone!|     --from: "I wanna be a lifeguard" |
|					|			by BLOTTO      |