Unix networking, UUCP and TCP/IP

P. Allen Jensen allen at gitpyr.UUCP
Sun Feb 9 04:22:44 AEST 1986

We have several Apollo computer, 2 masscomp computers, will soon be
getting a SUN-3 and possibly and IBM PC-RT.  The Masscomp systems have
ethernet software which runs TCP/IP.  I think the SUN and the IBM PC-RT
also will have this.  The Apollo does not, but we have UNIX and UUCP.

Is there a good source of information on how to go about setting up
UUCP and TCP/IP networks ??  I have no experience in this area and
have to get these thing talking to each other.  I experimented with the
Masscomp and the Apollo, but UUCP connections kept getting hung up
even though they were directly connected to each other over 9600 baud
serial lines.  If anyone has had experience with UUCP and/or TCP/IP
on these systems, any helpful hints about problems that can arrise and
solutions will be greatly appretiated.

P. Allen Jensen,
Manager, GTICES Systems Lab.
Ga. Institute of Technology
--
        "It's quite easy, if you don't know how.
         That's the important bit.  Be not at all

P. Allen Jensen
Manager, Systems Division
GTICES Systems Laboratory
Department of Civil Engineering
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!allen