/bin/ls -C Question

Guy Harris guy at sun.uucp
Sun Feb 23 17:58:29 AEST 1986

> > Ok, here is my question to the net.  Why does ls -C Sometimes
> > NOT print across the screen?...
>
> This bug is known to the people at the AT&T hot-line and happens when any
> file name is 14 characters long.  When it will be fixed?????????

It'll probably get fixed when they get around to adopting the 4.2BSD *cum*
IEEE P1003 directory reading library, since that library always
null-terminates file names.  (Yet another argument in favor of that library,
as if there weren't enough good reasons to use it anyway.)
--
	Guy Harris
	guy at sun.arpa	(yes, really)