Solution to cron+script+syslog problem

Dick Karpinski dick at ucsfcca.UUCP
Fri Feb 21 10:27:22 AEST 1986

In article <671 at well.UUCP> rlw at well.UUCP (Bob Weissman) writes:

>The problem is the lack of environment under cron.  Little goodies
>you expect to be set, such as $USER and $PATH don't exist.  In fact
>the entire environment, as printed out by printenv under cron is:
>HOME=/
>
>So the solution was to check for unset variables and set the ones you
>need.

If you are running 4.2 BSD, doesn't rlogin to this machine provide
all the environment just like the one you use while developing?
That is, if "rlogin ucsfcca" is the first executable line of my
C-shell script and "logout" is the last, I think things will work
much as they would during development of the shellscript.  Right?

Dick
--
Dick Karpinski    Manager of Unix Services, UCSF Computer Center
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!dick   (415) 666-4529 (12-7)