Help on sockets needed!

Marc Lesure system at asuvax.UUCP
Wed Feb 26 03:16:57 AEST 1986

Here at Arizona State University we have a class being taught which requires
the students to use sockets.  The problem we have is that when these users
start running their software, our VAX hangs and the only way to recover is
to hard crash the VAX.  I've looked at the routines the students have
written and they seem to follow what the documentation says (I'm not that
familiar with the socket software).

     Is there an error(s) in the documentation?
     Is there a limit on the number of sockets that can used at any on time?
     Do sockets prevent dead-locking situations?

We are running a VAX 11/780 with 4.2bsd.

Thanks,

Marc Lesure
System Manager
Engineering Computer Center
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona

UUCP:	...!{ucbvax,ihnp4}!arizona!asuvax!lesure
     	...!ihnp4!terak!asuvax!lesure
CSNET:  lesure at asu
ARPA:   lesure%asu at csnet-relay