ps bug ?

R.CONNAGHAN rbc at houxu.UUCP
Wed Feb 5 23:34:47 AEST 1986

Help, is this a bug with the "ps" command?

Type at UNIX prompt:

    ps -F

Get error message and core file:

    Bad system call - core dumped

This is a valid form of the "ps" command according to the
On-line manual page and the usage message printed by the "ps" command.
This flag is not in my latest UNIX manual: System V, Release 2.
When executed it yields a core dump.

The ps command will print out the following usage message:

    usage: ps [ -edalfF ] [ -c corefile ] [ -s swapdev ]\
	    [ -n namelist ] [ -t tlist ]\
	    [ -p plist ] [ -u ulist ] [ -g glist ] [ -G FSSlist ]

The on-line manual page explains the F flag as follows:

    -F	Print the fair share group process assocation.

I have tried this on a 3B-20 and a VAX and have gotten the same result.

Output of "uname -a" command to identify systems:
    System 1: houxu houxu SV_R2 10020 3B-20S
    System 2: houxv houxv 2.0v2 11240 vax-780

I have two questions:
	Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
	What does the "-F" flag mean?
--
Robert Connaghan
WE 32100 Microprocessor Group