Inode table problems

David W. Vezie dv at well.UUCP
Tue Jul 8 11:36:15 AEST 1986

	We've been having problems with our in-core inode table
(DEC VAX running 4.2 BSD).  The problem appears to be that an
inode gets freed one too many times (the count goes to -1 (255)),
and that many inodes point to that one in their i_freef pointer
(with only one, of course, coming from ifreeh).  This then causes
many inodes to be "freed", but not on the (real) free list.

	I remember seeing something on the net a little while
ago about inode table problems, and I remember seeing something
about this problem, but I didn't save the message at the time.
Could whoever posted the fix to this problem please mail it to
me?  Any other help would also be appreciated.

	Thanks in advance.
---
David W. Vezie
	    {dual|hplabs}!well!dv - Whole Earth 'Lectronics Link, Sausalito, CA
(4 lines, 113 chars)