3B2 NETWORKING

Jim Pickering jpicker at polyslo.UUCP
Sun Jul 27 07:28:19 AEST 1986

We have 5 AT&T 3B2's networked with AT&T's 3BNET.  All 5 machines run SVR2.
One machine is a 3B2-300 and the other 4 are 3B2-310's.  We wish to get
release 3 (for TCP/IP) and connect the network to another ETHERNET which
is connected to a Pyramid running BSD4.2.  I have several questions:

	1.  Does SVR3 require any more networking hardware than we already
		have for the 3BNET?
	2.  Are there any problems we should look out for with regards to
		the differences between SVR3 and 4.2BSD?

Many thanks in advance.........

jim pickering      ...csustan!polyslo!jpicker