get size of malloc'd object

aglew at ccvaxa.UUCP aglew at ccvaxa.UUCP
Tue Jul 1 07:42:00 AEST 1986

... > alignment

E. Rosko is right - C needs to be able to specify alignment better than
double. Of course it's non-portable, but C is used to write one hell of
a lot of machine dependent programs in an almost portable manner. I've
needed to be able to specify an alignment spec in programs where it really
made a big difference to have data structures aligned on cache boundaries.

Doesn't Ada have an alignment pragma? If not Ada, then some flavour of
Pascal that I've seen somewhere in my travels.

Andy "Krazy" Glew. Gould CSD-Urbana.    USEnet:  ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!aglew
1101 E. University, Urbana, IL 61801    ARPAnet: aglew at gswd-vms