Broken software using ULTRIX 1.2

Charles Maxson maxson at cfa.UUCP
Fri Jul 4 02:05:27 AEST 1986

>> We recently "upgraded" a vax750 to ULTRIX 1.2.  Suddenly the following don't
>> work anymore:
>>
>> finger (core dumps occasionally)
>> sps
>> top
>> uw (windows program)
>> sccs (admin command bombs)
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this?  Has anyone figured out how to fix?  Or is there
>> something wrong with our installation of ULTRIX?

Some of the include file declarations have been altered (presumably
to be in accord with 4.3 BSD features). In particular, tty.h now references
the winsize structure, which is declared in ioctl.h. Thus, where you
have included tty.h, you should also insert the line:

# include	<h/ioctl.h>

prior to the tty.h line. Recompiling the programs should then work.
For sps, findtty.c, inittty.c, flagsetup.c, ttystatus.c, and
waitingfor.c must be changed. Grep the source files for tty.h to
see which need to be changed.

--
-- Charles W. Maxson    (617)495-7178
-- Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics,