Favorite operating systems query (UNIX vs VMS flaming!!!)

jrw at hropus.UUCP jrw at hropus.UUCP
Sun Jul 13 02:24:56 AEST 1986

> PS - On my system (4.3 BSD), typing "who -bogus" yields:
>
> 	who: cannot open utmp

							    vvv :-)
> This excellent message is *much more* in the tradition of the Unix.
							    /^^
					When did BSD become/

This whole discussion is becoming quite comical.  Let's face it, both
os's have their supporters and flamers.  But to say that Unix is better
because it has better usage messages is even more comical.  I happen
to like its terse mesaages, because without them, there would be no
need to hire wizards, for then, who would be around to answer questions
about what "awk:  bailing out near line 1" or "uux partially failed"
REALLY MEAN....
--
Jim Webb           "Out of phase--get help"         ihnp4!houxm!hropus!jrw