UNIX System V for PC/AT ???

ron at vsedev.UUCP ron at vsedev.UUCP
Mon Jul 14 07:46:12 AEST 1986

In article <517 at gargoyle.UUCP> west at gargoyle.UUCP (Steve Westfall) writes:

>I am interested in getting Xenix or Unix for my PC/AT.
>I already know about Xenix availability, but does anyone
>in net land know whether Unix System V is also
>available for the AT?  And if so, where?

Check with the folks at MICROPORT Systems, 10096 Soquel Drive, Aptos,
California 95003, (408) 688-0286.  They have a product called
System V/AT and the complete package including full development system,
text processing system, 'C', 'f77', uucp, cu, etc... is less than
$500.00, yes you read correct!!! less than $500.00.  The compiler (C) is
supposed to be excellent from what I hear and they even include 'csh'
and 'more' and 'vi'....

I suggest giving them a call, I have used SCO and I have just placed an
order for this exciting new product.  I've had it with the poor support
from SCO for their Xenix/Unix product line (UUCP huh gee what's
that???).

They also give you over 2000 pages of documentation, although I havn't
seen the packaging as yet.

>Also, if anyone has any experience to report with System V
>on an AT, that would be appreciated.  In particular, does
>it get the kind of high-level support that SCO reportedly
>gives Xenix?

What support?  Ever call them with a real UNIX question?  They stammer
off and claim they will get back to you within a week or two with an
answer, and don't hold your breath.

--
ron at vsedev.UUCP	       (Ron Flax)
UUCP:	..!seismo!vsedev!ron