Need help with disk quotas

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon Jul 7 07:25:40 AEST 1986

In article <76 at casey.UUCP> donna at casey.UUCP (Donna Hrynkiw) writes:
>How do I delete a user's entry from the 'quotas'?  I've used edquota
>to add and change quotas, and repquota and quota(1) to report on
>quotas, but I can't find anything about deleting quota entries.
>(And if I set the quotas to 0, the user isn't restricted, but given
>unlimited access!)

Perhaps I misunderstand.  What difference should there be between
`no quota' (a `deleted' entry means `no quota' to me) and `unlimited
access'?  In this case `quota' means `limit'; `no quota' must then
mean `no limit'.

If you mean to keep a user from creating any files on a given file
system, you must restrict the file system, not the user.  If this
is not feasible, a quota of one file and one block seems a small
price to pay.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1516)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu