Favorite operating systems query

Robert D. Zarcone rdz at cci632.UUCP
Tue Jul 1 02:59:04 AEST 1986

In article <828 at bu-cs.UUCP> bzs at bu-cs.UUCP (Barry Shein) writes:

>I think this discussion borders on useless simply because it is clear
>the correspondants have almost exactly no real information and every
>intent to misrepresent what little they have. Have fun. By the time
>the correspondants settle down VMS will have gone the way of TOPS-20.

I MAY BE WRONG, but can you name me a MAJOR (Fortune 500) manufacturer
besides AT&T that offers UNIX as their only operating system?  If I am
right, you will find they offer UNIX as an alternative OS.  Your statement
would have us believe that the world's second largest manufacturer of
computers can't compete with just a proprietary OS.  Would you also have
us believe that IBM is doomed if they don't drop their proprietary OS's
and convert to UNIX?  If so, please contact me concerning this bridge in
NYC I know about. :-)