Please indulge a _short_ poll.

Jay Batson jay at isis.UUCP
Wed Jul 2 02:05:38 AEST 1986

Although I'd _greatly_ appreciate 60 sec. of you time,
if you don't like responding to polls, hit 'n' now.
This is a _short_! survey.  (I know you've done one of
these before, but I don't have it's results.  So indulge me...)

I'm trying to put together a combination profile-of-the-net/
net-wish-list.  Responses will not be summarized to the net unless
enough ask, so if you want 'em, please indicate so in your
mail response.  ____PLEASE____ - for the net's sake
             >>> mail <<< survey responses to me.

Please note that I am _not_ with any system/software manufacturer,
and this is _not_ for commercial purposes.  (We've all had our
own inane little papers you know....)

Thanks in advance for your time!!!!

_____cut here_____

1)  Please indicate the manufacturer, model, and operating
     system of the hardware your news/mail feeds run on.
     (I know 'uuhosts' works, but I'm trying to get your
        creative juices flowing before we get to the meat)

2)  Please provide the same for any !other! non-PC class
     systems present at your site.  If they number over 5,
     include only the most important 5.  (Here's part of
     the "meat")

3)  What kind of hardware do you _wish_ you had for what you
     personally do?  Choose from available commercial products,
     and be realistic - not in the sense that it has to fit in
     your budget, but in the sense that vast overkill for the
     sake of hardware isn't realistic.   (More Meat...)

(Warm up's over.)
4)  Other than Operating System resident software and games,
     what is the most important software you use?  I am looking
     primarily for commercially purchased tools/packages, but
     net/freeware can be included.  "Important" means what is
     crucial to the continued operation of your system, e.g.
     what accounting package for a business?  (MOST IMPORTANT MEAT!!!)

5)  a)  What specific software do you think your organization )
         would _wish_ to have if it could?                    )  (NEXT MOST
                                                              )   IMPORTANT
    b)  Does your system provider offer/support it?           )   MEAT!)

6)  What kind of organization are you:  university, corporate
     research department, business?  If business, what type?
     (THIRD MOST IMPORTANT MEAT.)

Thank you _again_ for your cooperation.
--------

"Stop it!! Stop it now.  This is getting silly again, and this silliness
has _got_ to stop.  Go on to the next sketch.  Go on.  Turn this camera o    "

      Jay Batson
      University of Denver, Department of Math and Computer Science

                 {seismo,hplabs}!hao!isis!jay