tgetstr on system V R2 (HELP!)

L.A.VALLONE lav at mtsbb.UUCP
Fri Jul 18 10:40:24 AEST 1986

    I am trying to get a recently posted reminder program (rs)
to run on my machine (VAX 11/780 running Sys V R2).  The program
seems to run okay, except that all calls to tgetstr() do not
return the correct escape sequence (they return null).

    The sequence being used is:
	tgetent(bp, terminal name)  /* works fine - return of 1 */
	tgetnum("co")		    /* works fine - returns 80 */
	tgetstr("so",&some_buffer) or
	tgetstr("bl",&some_buffer) or anything else
				    /* returns 0's in buffer */

    The program is compiled loading the terminfo/curses library
(-lcurses the /usr/lib/libtermcap file on my machine bombs).  All the
documentation seems to indicate, that at least for the present,
the above should work.

    Does anyone know why it doesn't?  Am I doing something wrong?
Please respond via email.
--

Lee Vallone		AT&T Information Systems	Merlin
{... ihnp4, mtuxo}!mtsbb!lav