windows on normal terminals

Stanley Friesen friesen at psivax.UUCP
Thu Jul 3 02:59:30 AEST 1986

In article <729 at ho95e.UUCP> wcs at ho95e.UUCP (Bill Stewart 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs HO 2G202) writes:

>		<How can I pass up this one?>
>I know of two Blit-like applications in the $1000-$1500 range.
>One is the Atari-520ST software cartridge done at Univ.Toronto.
>The other is PC-Layers, which runs on the AT&T 6300 (not on clones; it
>depends on the high-resloution screen).
>As far as I know, neither of these is a product, but the job is
>definitely doable.  Both are limited by their 640x400 screens,
>but worthwhile.
>
>If you're not concerned about window size or bitmap graphics, it ought
>to be possible to do layers communications on any cheap PC; a Commodore
>64 is probably too slow, but an Atari 130 ought to be ok.

	Fine, now if someone can convince the management here to
transfer a programmer from developing product that goes out the door
to writing or porting the software to support Blit on one of these
machines we will be able to do something :-) Really, when something
like this is a *product*, with full support from BSD Unix, then we
*might* get it. Until then it would require too much human resources
here to support.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ??