mail's ignore command

Mark D. Freeman mdf at osu-eddie.UUCP
Tue Jul 1 10:29:34 AEST 1986

The following are sample lines to be placed in .mailrc.  I am using the last
one.

ignore received message-id posted-date article-id originated-from resent-date resent-from
ignore Received Message-Id Status Date From
ignore Message-Id Received Via Date Status Resent-Date Resent-From Resent-Message-Id
ignore date from message-id received return-path status
ignore date received status from message-id
ignore received posted-date status message-id
ignore received message-id posted-date article0id originated-from resent-date resent-from in-reply-to date via status resent-message-id

I suppose that one could ask to ignore the To field as well, except it
wouldn't help in cases where one is being sent a copy of a message via the cc
or bcc options

Thanks to everyone who replied.
--
Mark D. Freeman                                             mdf at osu-eddie.uucp