undocumented sdb switch

Curtis Jackson rcj at burl.UUCP
Fri Mar 21 04:02:24 AEST 1986

In article <196 at rexago1.UUCP> rich at rexago1.UUCP (K. Richard Magill) writes:
>I found what looks like an undocumentted sdb option on a 3b2/300
>running SYSV.2.2.  It appears as though
>
>	sdb -d path
>
>will hunt through path for your source files.  This is a big help
>if you are debugging a library or two.

Have you looked at the man page?  My SVR2 User's Reference Manual (Vax)
says that the SYNOPSIS is:

sdb [ -w ] [ -W ] [ objfil [ corfil [ directory-list ] ] ]

Since I name my sdb'able version of every executable as the normal name
of the executable preceded by a 'd', and I have common code in a directory
called "asgc" on the same level as all my other code directories, I have
a function called "sd" that looks something like:

sdb d$1 - ".:../asgc"

You may be right about the -d switch; but why use something undocumented
when there is a [convenient] documented way to do the same thing?
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd allegra ]!burl!rcj