CURSES (yet another nasty!!)

John R. Nicol john at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 01:22:02 AEST 1986

I have been experiencing nasty problems with CURSES ("who hasn't?", I hear
you say!).

The main problem is that when one CURSES process invokes another process
which also uses CURSES, strange things happen to the display (-- I think
because the first process puts the tty in a funny state). E.g. On an adm-11
terminal, tabs seem to be changed to spaces when displayed by the new process,
positions of things on the screen get screwed up; on a SUN w/s, I get reverse
video on parts of the screen etc etc.

I thought I could beat the problem by forcing any new CURSES processes to
set the tty state back to the default -- alas, this doesn't seem to work
either.....

Anyone got any useful suggestions on this CURSES problem?

				many thanks in advance,

					John R. Nicol

--
UUCP:	...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!john| Post: University of Lancaster,
DARPA:	john%lancs.comp at ucl-cs		|	Department of Computing,