Microsoft AT XENIX Pascal; TeX

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.UUCP
Thu Mar 13 03:33:05 AEST 1986

I'm considering purchasing Microsoft's Pascal compiler for XENIX on
a PC/AT, specifically to port TeX to my AT.

I'd appreciate hearing from people who have experience with this product,
especially people who have used it to port large programs of the same
level of complexity as TeX.  How well does it hide the 286's architecture?

For TeX gurus, is this a totally off-the-wall proposition?  Is this
like trying to port GNU EMACS to an AT running XENIX (fat chance!)?
Do I just wait for a 386 motherboard?
--
Steve Dyer
dyer at harvard.HARVARD.EDU