obscurity

Snoopy seifert at hammer.UUCP
Thu Mar 6 07:43:44 AEST 1986

In article <464 at polaris.UUCP> herbie at polaris.UUCP (Herb Chong) writes:

> the fragility of the filesystem implementation is not so great (having
> recently patched some filesystems where the free-list was being
> scribbled on by the hardware).

The hardware screws up and scribbles on the disk and you're complaining
about the software?  Perhaps you should be looking at replicated
hardware.

>the documentation is just horrible, especially for a new user.

Lots of people complain about this.  I must be strange.  I didn't
have any problem with the documentation when I learned Unix.

Snoopy
tektronix!tekecs!doghouse.TEK!snoopy