Any decent Fortrans under Unix ? Which machine ?

Bob Ollerton bobbyo at celerity.UUCP
Tue Mar 18 16:00:47 AEST 1986

I have held back on this discussion wanting to avoid being commercial,
but no one seems to be responding so:

My company builds a computer system using RISC architectures which is
designed to run large, ugly, interactive, number crunching,
Fortran programs such as mechanical CAE applications.

We started with the standard bsd F77 3 years ago
and have improved (fixed?) it to the point that its roots are
difficult to trace.

We frequently port programs is the hundreds
of thousands of lines with few if any problems.  For example,
Ansys, Nastran, Patran-2, and MARC have been ported and together totals
to over a million lines of code.

We have also fixed dbx to work with big programs and have added
many other "world class" development tools and features to
the compiler.  Our software releases usually ship with ZERO customer
reported compiler bugs!!!!

The good news is that I feel its got to be one of the
best fortran compilers on Unix, Even better news is that it comes
with our systems -  I don't know of a better Unix/Fortran system
anywhere else.  Our pricing starts at about what you would pay for
a reasonably configured workstation, cost of ownership
is usually lower.

Oh, I work here so you might want to check what I say with some
of our customers.

--
Bob Ollerton; Celerity Computing;
9692 Via Excelencia; San Diego, Ca 92126; (619) 271 9940