Creating functions in data space

Steve Law law at pecnos.UUCP
Sat Mar 22 01:45:17 AEST 1986

In article <200 at daab.UUCP> Lars Hammarstrand writes:

> In article <728 at petsd.UUCP> law at petsd.UUCP writes:
> >>UNIX System V link editor (ld) allows one to put functions in the .data
> etc, etc .....
>
> GOOD, but now the rest of the world wonder where you can read more about it!!??

COFF and COFF-based link editor (ld) are being used in both UNIX and UNIX/RTR
systems. Most of the COFF and ld features (e.g., ifile) can be found in the
COFF section and the LINK EDITOR section of

       UNIX System V Release 2.0 Support Tool Guide

This document can be purphased from AT&T.  Since UNIX/RTR exercises more
features of COFF and ld than UNIX, additional features them can be found
in one of the UNIX/RTR user's manuals.  I don't know the exact volume
number.  They used to be in volume 3 of the old user's manuals.

					Steve Law