Summary of replies to 'I HATE DBX!'

JP Massar massar at think.ARPA
Thu Mar 6 11:16:54 AEST 1986

I received a few responses about my 'I HATE DBX' flame.  Here is
a summary.

First, this useful bit of advice:

From: harvard!gcc-milo!zrm (Zigurd R. Mednieks)

...Remember, there are people in Angola debugging their Russian PDP-11
clones with the front panel switches.

-Zigurd

Rick Adams recomended taking a look at cdb.  He kindly provided the
address and phone number of the company who makes it:

From: Rick Adams <rick at seismo.CSS.GOV>

Third Eye Software
734 Webster Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301
(415) 321-0967

They informed me that indeed, their product does run on VAX/4.2BSD.

Finally, Donn Seeley (donn at utah-cs.arpa) noted that the 4.3 dbx had
numerous bugs fixed.  Also, that bug fixes to dbx had been sent out some time
ago over the net.

--
-- JP Massar, Thinking Machines Corporation, Cambridge, MA
-- ihnp4!think!massar, massar at think.com
-- 617-876-1111