Transaction Processing

Steve Law law at pecnos.UUCP
Wed Mar 19 02:36:19 AEST 1986

> I don't know why they say UNIX is bad for transaction oriented stuff,
> since it you transact with 2 UNIX systems every time you make an 800
> long distance call.
>
> _Ron

If you make an 800 long distance call, I think you transact with
UNIX/RTR (its old name is DMERT) which is actually a different
operating system although its root are from UNIX/RT and MERT.

			Steve Law
Name:       I. S. Law (Steve)
UUCP:       ihnp4!vax135!petsd!pecnos!law
ARPA:	    vax135!petsd!pecnos!law at BERKELEY
US Mail:    MS 314B; Concurrent Computer Corp.
            106 Apple St; Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Phone:      (201) 758-7280