Unix on top of/in parallel with other operating systems

David Fetrow fetrow at entropy.UUCP
Sat Mar 1 13:12:36 AEST 1986

VM does support multiple operating systems, we have a machine running
CMS and UNIX (or rather an IBM variant). I am not on that machine as
a UNIX user so cannot say much about it.

PR1MOS (Prime computers) has a UNIX (called Primix) that runs as a subprocess
and, alledgedly, the C compilers under both O.S.'s act identically.

I believe that Primix is currently available and that the IBM UNIX is still
udergoing some testing.

--

  - Dave Fetrow

{ ihnp4, fluke, tektronix, uw-june }!uw-beaver!entropy!fetrow :UUCP
  entropy!fetrow at uw-june.arpa                                 :ARPA
  fetrow at UWALOCKE                                             :BITNET
  74175,1724                                                  :Compuserve