H-D UUCP Question

Dave Bloom dave at andromeda.UUCP
Tue Mar 4 05:33:29 AEST 1986

<>
Our system name is andromeda, a Pyramid 90x running Berkeley's UUCP.
We are talking to a 3B2 (SystemV.2) running Hunney-Danber (sp?) UUCP.
The problem is this:

	When andromeda establishes a connection, it sends an Shere
	specifying "androme". If the Systems/Permissions files on
	the 3B2 specify "andromeda" as the system name, we get a
	"You are unknown to me" message on the Pyramid side. Yet if
	we specify "androme" as the system name, mailers return an
	"unknown system" message when a 3B2 user tries something like
	'mail andromeda!root'.

Right now we are set up as "androme" on the 3B, but would like the REAL
name (andromeda) to be accepted by 3B mailers. Any ideas from you net
folks? We have little or no documentation on H-D uucp.

Thanx.

      allegra\					       Dave Bloom
      harvard \ pyramid\
       seismo  \  pyrnj >!andromeda!dave         HOME: (201) 868-1764
     ut-sally   >!topaz/			 WORK: (201) 648-5083
       sri-iu  /
ihnp4!packard /		           "You're never alone with a schizophrenic...."