Unix(tm) is a trademark...

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon Mar 24 07:19:59 AEST 1986

In article <895 at kitty.UUCP> larry at kitty.UUCP writes:

[quoting from an AT&T document concerning use of the trademark]
>	"D3. It is inappropriate to use the trademark UNIX in any label
>(such as file name, subroutine call or the like) in any software."

I guess that means we should be booting off /vmun*x (/un*x for you
non-virtual-memory folks) and that we had better change the boot
loader routine `copyunix()' to `copyun_x()'....  :-)

(Incidentally, I had---just for fun---actually already done the
latter once, while editing boot.c.)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1415)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu