Need help with stty for HP LaserJet

Les Moss moss at ttidcb.UUCP
Sun Mar 2 05:17:24 AEST 1986

..

I would appreciate mail from anyone who has successfully attached
an HP LaserJet printer to a Berkeley 4.1 VAX system. In particular
I need to know what STTY parameters to use to get a transparent
(8 bit) output path while still honoring flow control (^s/^q).
Alternatively I could use a way to honor the DTR based flow control.
in RAW mode. "new cbreak litout" still adds parity bits to the
output characters. "raw" gets the 8 bit codes out but ignores
flow control. I can't figure out what "raw mdmbuf" does but the beginning
of the output stream seems to be lost.