getting HP2563A printer working on VAX780,4.2BSD,RS232

Jim Osenberg jimo at rosevax.UUCP
Sat Mar 15 06:50:56 AEST 1986

I have recently purchased an HP-2563A 300lpm printer with option 049,
which is an RS232 interface. We here at Rosemount use 3-wire, XON/XOFF
for our printers. My problem is tat I cannot get this printer to print
what I send it through its spooler. It only prints the first two lines
of anything, as an example (the first two lines are 'The quick brown fox':

The quick brown fox
                   The quick brown fox

The printer continues to function (making all appearances that it is
printing) but nothing comes out on the paper. The built-in test function
works fine. HP came out and replaced the RS232 interface, but that
didn't help.

I'm asking if anyone has had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?
Printer set-ups, printcap files, ANYTHING to assist would be appreciated.

Jim Osenberg
Rosemount Inc.
Mpls., Minn.
612-828-3068

path:...!ihnp4!stolaf!umn-cs!rosevax!jimo
\