LynxOS Real-Time UNIX for 386; any users ??

W.R. Brown Warren wrb at foxvax5.UUCP
Tue Jul 11 07:50:50 AEST 1989

In article <1097 at altos86.UUCP> you write:

>We at Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, are about to purchase a couple licenses
>for a Real-Time UNIX, targeted for the 386, sold by Lynx Real-Time Systems,
>out of Campbell, CA.
>Is there anyone out there, who has had experience with this
>product (good or bad) ??  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you !
>
>--
>Dean W. Anneser		  Pratt & Whitney Aircraft	"Whenever possible,

We, too, have been evaluating Lynx as our new platform for a 386 based product.
While we have been quite impressed by its speed, we have been somewhat dismayed
by its lack of compatability to other System V products.  Also, because they
have made several h-w mods (to a plug-in board) we have great doubts as to
how well it works in other P-C's.  We tried a Compaq 386/20 with no luck.
We would prefer something that runs on standard hardware (if possible).

Good luck and let me know how you make out with Lynx.

Warren

--
	Warren Brown				Dept. 350, M.S. N05-1A
	...harvard!cybvax0!foxvax5!wrb  	The Foxboro Company