inews "From:" field goofups...

Dermot Tynan dtynan at zorba.Tynan.COM
Thu Mar 23 05:28:55 AEST 1989

OK, OK, I screwed up.  It seems 'inews' here replaced some (not all, just
*some*) of the From: fields with *my* return address.  As a result, I
have been inundated with responses to some of the postings.  In future, I
will be paying strict attention to inews, and its interpretation of From:
fields.  I would also ask that before you reply to a posting, you check
the From: field.  If it came from me, chances are, the field is wrong.
Except, of course, for this posting :-)

I seem to remember a similar problem with comp.dcom.telecom some time ago.
Does anyone have any idea what it is that inews didn't like about the
original From: field?  Also, in replying to postings, remember that I am
currently clearing out a backlog, so a lot of this stuff is really old.
Thanks...
						- Der
--
Favored Path:	dtynan at zorba.Tynan.COM  (Dermot Tynan @ Tynan Computers)
Otherwise:	{apple,mips,pyramid,uunet}!zorba!dtynan

  ---  If God wanted us to fly, he would have given us Hang-Gliders  ---