Tar: How to recover files stored using absolute path names.

Jonathan Harris harris at go-han.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 30 12:28:43 AEST 1989

I have some files that I foolishly stored using abosolute pathnames.
i.e /u/harris/junk. How can I restore such files to new pathnames:
i.e. /u4/harris/tmp/junk?
Thanks.
---Jonathan
ps. Please respond by email if possible.

Jonathan G. Harris                   Bitnet addresses: jghha8r at uchimvs1
The James Franck Institute                            harris%go-han at uchicago
The University of Chicago             arpanet:     harris at go-han.uchicago.edu
5640 S. Ellis Avenue                  alternate:    10506 at ncsavmsa
Chicago, Illinois 60637
(312)702-7234