UNIX and MS-DOS together on 386?

Orville Weyrich weyrich at csun1.UUCP
Thu Mar 30 12:58:24 AEST 1989

I am new to the UNIX world, and need to bring UNIX up on my Goldstar Technology
GST-386 machine (Micronics motherboard with MS-DOS 3.30).

I Must be able to continue using this machine for DOS applications.

I eventually want to migrate my applications from DOS to UNIX.

I need to be able to access EMS from the DOS applications.

The only product which I am aware of is Merge 386 (reviewed in Dec. 1988 Byte).
I don't know if it allows EMS access from DOS.

Does anyone have any experience with this product which they can share with me,
or have any other suggestions?  Please e-mail answers and I will post a
summary to the net if demand is indicated.    Thanks in advance.

Orville R. Weyrich, Jr.               USENET : ... gatech!ugacs!csun1!weyrich
Department of Computer Science
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30606                      MaBell : 404-542-1082